Sunday 17 May 2015

Madame Flavour's Tea Treats: caramel oolong

My life has been benchmarked by several key events or decisions, each of which changed the course of my life forever:

2013

  • Moving to Geelong for honours
  • Once in Geelong, trying aioli for the first time


2014
  • Destroyed the Pizza Bar Chilli Challenge
2015
  • Accidentally started drinking tea
  • Discovering halloumi cheese
  • Watched Mad Max: Fury Road

Okay, okay there may have been a few more important and cromulent decisions along the way, but those are the keystone ones that have defined my life up until this point, the rest, meh.


So, today my friend Sarah decided to give me a tea, and it was Madame Flavour's Tea Treats: caramel oolong. The only Oolong I know is this guy:


I'd take bacon over a Senzu bean any day. 

and since I'm a huge fan of the bacon/caramel combo, I am quite excited.

Initial observations:
Smells kind of like caramel, and the tea bag doesn't seem to be changing the colour of the water very much. At this point, I can't be sure whether or not this tea consists of FLAVOUR YOU CAN SEE!



First thoughts on the first sips:
Oh wait, oolong isn't...pork? The tea is super weak, maybe the bag just didn't release it's contents well. The 'caramel' is unnoticeable, and the drink tastes like slightly oolonginated water.


Madam fucking Flavour and her invasive fucking notes. Na I
kid, I think they are charming, and make me want to buy a heap
more Madam Flavour teas! All because of those well-crafted,
personal notes. Thanks Madam Flavour, you're the best, and it's
all because of your notes! <3 




Many sips later:
Damn, I might have to give this another go with another tea bag just incase this one was defective, or double/triple up tea bags if it is meant to be this weak. And aww, I was really looking forward to bacon and caramel tea.


Recommendation:
Let me get back to you kids, I can't analyse what's not there *cough* GOD *cough*. Sorry, must have gone down the wrong pipe, and this Quick-Quotes Quill just writes down everything I say (with some liberties). In the mean time, here is a poem I wrote:

I make much tea,
My mug is blue,
Man I hate tea,
No more T2

Final words:
Oh what a day, what a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment