Tuesday 10 February 2015

T2's Fruitalicious

I wish I'd started a coffee blog, because then I could have called it 'The Daily Grind'. Critical failure for sure.
For todays tlog, I'll first be discussing some points on why I wouldn't make a good combat soldier so hopefully defence.gov.au will stop sending me emails telling me how great of a career option it is. Then I'll move on to T2's Fruitalicious.

Dear Australian Government Department of Defence: I would not be a good soldier because:
a) I am deaf in one ear
b) I need glasses to see two meters in front of me
c) None of your uniforms/shoes will fit me
d) I have flat feet
e) There probably isn't good internet connection where you will eventually station me
f) Finally the most important reason, I'm currently in the middle of Gilmore Girls and going to war would really put a pin in a grenade I want to watch explode (to keep with the warfare theme)

Okay, now that's covered, moving on.



Just check out that post-it-note bag. Amazing work! It's
got a homely, office-like feel to it.

Initial observations:
Thanks should go to Sarah for patching this tea up for me in this makeshift post-it-note bag, surely she took the Jury Rigging perk:

Thank god she didn't take the Pyromaniac one 

First thoughts on the first sips:
See, this is why I hate fruit tea; it is just like weak cordial. I mean, I don't really like tea in general, but ohhh my godddddd. I hope there are at least antioxidants in this tasteless bland crap, because I am getting depressed, and I will need something to pick me up. I don't know if antioxidants improve mental health, but knowing that there is at least some benefit to drinking this will go a long way in making me feel better.

Many sips later:
Today I learned that tea leaves and ingredients are separated and graded based on specific properties. Were these 'fruitalicious' ingredients in the tasteless pile?

Yes this is 100% real [1, 2]

Nope, not finishing this drink. I guess I say that about a lot of things in my life, but I feel this time it's justified. I'd rather drink dish soap, because at least that might taste like fruit (lemons).


Recommendation: 
Nope, just go with cordial, although you will look like a fool at work, walking around with your mug of cordial. "You chump, drinking a kids product", "Did you forget your nappy?", your colleagues will say mockingly, as you sip your puny kids drink. Cordial was invented so kids would drink water. Tea was invented so adults could feel chuff, walking around with their hot beverage, head held high, knowing they graduated from cordial and Milk Teeth toothpaste:
 
Damn, I realise how much I miss this stuff. I WANNA GO
BACK. I MISS BEING A KID. BEING AN ADULT SUCKS.
Oh wait, I can just go to the supermarket and buy this now.
BEING AN ADULT RULES! SUCK IT KIDS

Final words:
Fine, I lied, I finished it, but only because I am really thirsty AND/OR lazy, AND/OR my water bottle is empty.


Source:
[1] No it's not
[2] http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b9/Sri_Lankan_OP_Tea_Case.jpg
[3] http://www.co-operativepharmacy.co.uk/assets/Pharmacy/catalogue/product/large/3272788.jpg

1 comment: