Thursday 8 January 2015

Chinese Jasmine Tea - Nudle (Knox City)

Well, here I am staring at my blog post, realising I didn't take a photo of the tea I drank on my field trip because I didn't want to look like an Instatard taking photos of my food and have the people behind the counter judge me, except now I feel bad for the two people that read this because now they don't have a visual yardstick of the drink I endured through. Instead, have an original picture of mine:


The mug was white,
The tea was sea-green,
I drank this tea without a fight. 


Today I was in good company, eating decent enough food and drinking some foreign "Chinese Jasmine" tea at Nudle at Knox City. 


Initial observations:
Smells gross like feet and looks like watered down puke. Man this is why I hate field trips, they promise so much, yet yield none of their potential.


First thoughts on the first sips:
It's like the first time man drank salt water expecting fresh; that look on his face is the same look I have on mine. The expression someone had when for the first time, they saw a man squeezing the liquid from a cow's teat and then drinking it, is the same look I now have upon my own. Gross. Jasmine and taste buds don't go together, there I said it.


Many sips later:
That's weird, now I'm kinda diggin' it. Its kind of refreshing and satisfying, and it leaves a weird but pleasant taste on tongue; all the great ones leave their mark, like how the Wet Bandits always leave the taps running:


I am loving this jasmine tea! Oh god it's finally happening. Maybe it's just the food on my tongue. Cleaning palate with rice, now trying again.
Nope, damn, I still like it.


Recommendation: 
I wouldn't recommend going to Nudle at Knox City, the food is comme ci comme ca, but the Chinese Jasmine tea ain't half bad.


Final words:
Not worth going to Nudle over, just order tea then leaf (leave, geddit? Ahh shut up)


Ender notes:

If you want to send me on a field trip to drink some tea, let me know and I'll get my parents to sign the permission form.

No comments:

Post a Comment