Sunday 25 January 2015

Higher Living's Licorice - organic herb infusion

Hey TEAm, I hope you're all doing well. Today being Australia Day, and therefore a day off, I thought I'd knock a few tea reviews out of the park. Celebrating Australia Day with me is Higher Living's Licorice - organic herb infusion. Now I'm a big liquorice fan, and I've been saving this one for a while, but I'm not feeling too chipper today, so sorry in advance if the wordsmithing anvil is out of action.

<INSERT FUNNY CAPTION HERE>
Initial observations:
Smells strongly of cinnamon and ginger, god why does every tea I drink have ginger in it? What is the world's obsession with ginger?


First thoughts on the first sips:
Woah, Zack Morris time out:

that is some serious liquorice aftertaste! It's actually really quite nice; finally I have the fulfilling taste of liquorice without the standard commercial over-sweetening that usually comes as a tag-team partner.


Many sips later:
Yeah, yeah yeah! The citrus is probably a little too much here, I don't know what they were thinking with the lemon and orange additions, as well as the ginger, but this is a damn fine tea regardless. It's a little complex as the flavours fight for your taste buds, but the end result is greater than the sum of it's parts. The real unique thing about this tea is of course the liquorice, which really makes it stand out amongst the rest, without being too overbearing nor too weak. There is a delayed sweetness from the liquorice however, and as you get to the bottom of the mug you start hitting the cinnamon layer, which is okay I guess, but in my opinion, unnecessary.


Recommendation: 
Yeah I'd recommend it to any liquorice fan around, but only if you're a fan, if not I'd suggest a wide birth. Liquorice is polarising, but honestly if you don't like it, there was something wrong with how you were brought up. Go see a professional you anti-liquorice harlots!


Final words:
Shun the non-believers, shuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnn

No comments:

Post a Comment