Wednesday 21 January 2015

Pukka's cleanse


Hello fellow tea drinkers, in case you don't know me, my name is Ben, and I reluctantly drink assorted teas, then happily review them. I've been told I will eventually understand the whole tea thing, but until then, here is another buddy-adventure of me and today's partner, Pukka's cleanse.



I'll skip the obvious cleansing joke here and instead talk about
the tea bag bag design: 
Look at that bag with the all lowercase
font, just who do they think they are? They think that is style, class?
 Pukka I got lots of words to describe you, but 'class' isn't one of them.
How about take a tea making class. I bet you guys run good tea-makers
classes for how NOT to make good tea.

Initial observations:
I wanted to like the smell of this, but with a name like 'cleanse', I knew it was never going to happen. It smells like the lunch of a person who eats weird raw organic food. Just doesn't smell appetising at all. Oh well, at least it's going to "purify" my "skin". Well so would hydrochloric acid.


First thoughts on the first sips:
Okay, this tastes like the very first tea I ever drank when I was a wee child. This would taste good complimented with honey I can say for certain. Damn, I don't mind this actually. I had all these really nasty words in preparation on how to slam this tea, but I'm kinda digging it. This is a chill tea that doesn't promise too much, and it doesn't ask too much of you.


Many sips later:
It's not sweet, it's not overly strong, and it's not overly weak. It has a really nice balance and I'm totally craving this. This has got to be one of the first tea-like teas that I've tried and actually genuinely enjoyed. It's not too in-your-face-and-up-your-nose, and the slight mint provides a great counter to the other organic ingredients, whatever they may be. I hate that I like something with the name 'cleanse'.


Recommendation: 
I take back what I said about you Pukka, you guys make a lot of shit teas, but you this one's a winner. Although I don't feel my skin being 'purified', so you lose points for that one. Check this one out, I give it mad respect.


Final words:
I am going to look like suuuuuch a bitch when I'm walking around at work drinking 'cleanse', all lowercase.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed, hate that I love it, but I do love it. Great review!

    ReplyDelete