Thursday 15 January 2015

Teablossoms' Fairytale

Today's tea was bestowed upon me via lucky dipping in Will's tea bag. I managed to actually get lucky, and instead of pulling out something tea-ish, I pulled out one of those fruit teas I know I generally love; they are like weak cordial, but I don't feel guilty about drinking them. The tea I got was Teablossoms' Fairytale, let's see how it goes.


I was expecting it to turn red, yellow is kind of unsettling?
Initial observations:
When brewed, smells damn good. Okay I kind of messed this up because I didn't observe it well enough beforehand before trying it, so this section is being done in retrospect, and I can't separate the flavour from the observations. 


First thoughts on the first sips:
Damn, that packs a fruity punch! I couldn't tell you which fruit, but fruit nonetheless. Kind of bitter actually. Kind of really bitter!? I was expecting sweet, like the undiluted urine of a diabetic who has been feasting on nothing but Fun Size Mars Bars all night. The bitterness drowns out the actual flavours. Wait, bitterness is a flavour, right?


Many sips later:
It's not that fruity. It's leaves a kind of citrusy jab on your tongue after every mouthful, it's quite unpleasant. It's like the salt-tequila-lemon thing without the salt and tequila, or or or it's like a Corona beer and a lemon but without the Corona. It's like eating a lemon, but remove the taste of the lemon and keep the bitterness. I mean I'll drink it, but it's pretty average to be honest.


Recommendation: 
My tongue! My tongue! Get it off my tongue! I take that back, I wouldn't drink this. If I was in Robot Hell, my ironic punishment would be to drink this tea. It actually gets worse the lower you get; the fruitiness leaves, and the bitterness increases. Why does bitterness sink to the bottom? Is bitterness heavy? All heavy things bitter in taste? Heavy metals taste bitter right? Why do I know that? If you could lick a planet, what would it taste like?


Final words:
I would say more words, but my tongue isn't liking me too much right now, so just I'll leave it th-

1 comment: