Wednesday 7 January 2015

Lipton's infusion - Refreshing Mint (Peppermint)

Say what you will about their sugary iced tea, Lipton really know how to treat a tea drinking aficionado like me right. Look at that square cardboard piece protecting their patented PyramidTM technology!
Yes that is steam coming off my drink, yes this is a 33°C humid day, and yes that is how much I am committed to living the #tealyf. Today I am here with Lipton's infusion - Refreshing Mint (Peppermint).



My other food is getting cold, I can think of a better picture
caption tomorrow.




Initial observations:
Yum, smells...minty? Who would have guessed? Not much to say about this one yet, but if it's not strong enough, I'd like to think I have more class than to spike it with oh say, Mentos....

First thoughts on the first sips:
I've gotta say, meh, pretty average. You know I'm just not diggin' mint tea. It barks more than it bites, and doesn't hold up to the minty promise it pinky swears to my nostrils.

Many sips later:
I'm kind of going through the motions with this one, I mean I can feel my tolerance for tea has shot up like Keanu Reeves in Point Break, but I mean come on! It's just flavoured water, it's not the tea I know and hate! This tea is made without love.




Recommendation: 
Meh, skip this one unless you want to be as disappointed. It's just not worth the minutes of your life, after all, we get precious little time on this planet and I wouldn't want you wasting it drinking things that reek of 'meh'.

Final words:
Bah humbug!

Ender notes:
A friend recently told me: "A have a feeling by the end you will actually start enjoying tea". I have the very same feeling, but then I realised that if I never stop drinking tea, I can never get to the 'end', therefore I may never actually start enjoying tea. Stockholm syndrome mayhaps? Hmm, much to ponder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment