Monday 12 January 2015

Higher Living's Ginger Kick (organic herb infusion)

So, today's tea has been kindly donated by my friend Jacqui from her own personal stash, and it is Higher Living's Ginger Kick (organic herb infusion). Now I'm no fan of ginger but...well there's nothing really else to say, I'm no fan of ginger, and I can tell I'm going to really hate this one.


Do you remember the time I knew this was a bad idea, but
I did it anyway?

Initial observations:
Oh man that thing is zesty alright, it literally is a kick up the nostrils. Have you ever kerplunked nose-first into something and you get that horrible eye-watering-snap-back-to-reality feeling? Yeah, well every breath above this tea gives you that same feeling. You know sometimes you smell the air you're breathing and you check yourself to make sure you are breathing oxygen and not a toxic ammonia cloud? This is worse for your nose than than chlorine water is for your eyes. I feel like I am going to severely regret this one, and it's the last thing I'm putting in my mouth today before I brush my teeth. Why didn't I start a cake blog?

Okay okay okay, I really need to psych myself up to even just try sipping this spicy meatball. I feel like this:





In fact, my whole tea drinking experience has been like this; tea has made me think I like it, when in reality it has taken me from my Droogs and kept me locked in a straightjacket, dropping it's liquid into my eyes, forcing me to love it. WELL IT'S NOT REAL LOVE. I MEAN IT IS REAL LOVE? I just don't know anymore, I just want to go home. If I was writing this on a page, you would see tear drops smudging my writing.


First thoughts on the first sips:
Oh that is gross. What is appealing about that? I'd rather step on a bee, that would be a more pleasant kick. I'd rather bang my shin on a coffee table, that would be a more pleasant kick. The spiciness of the ginger is just plain uncomfortable and I really, really hate this. The lemon just exacerbates the spiciness and rubs it in like salt in a wound, but more like sourness in a spiced-up taste bud. Now I love spicy food and I can really put spicy food away, but this just has no redeeming points to it.


Many sips later:
Okay after barely getting through the first sips, to be fair and true, I've now given this another go: How can something be 58% ginger? Who thought that would be a good idea? I don't even like lemon peel and ginger on their own, what was I thinking by drinking something that puts them together as the two main flavour scaffolds? Jacqui, I hate you right now; you did this on purpose. 
I am legitimately confused right now as to how this is viable as a commercial product. How can people want to buy this? It's like Eggnog is only economically feasible to produce at Christmas, this tea must only be economically feasible at certain times during the year; i.e when someone strays dangerously outside their comfort zone and tries a new strain of tea at the supermarket and are severely punished for it, or when you start a tea blog and your friend wants to mess you up real bad. 



Recommendation: 
Again, one for your enemies, one for the relatives you don't like, or one for the girl/boy you want to break up with, other than that I'd bury this one...alive...kicking and screaming...at the bottom of the ocean...on Gliese 1214 b (look it up).


Final words:
I am a shit footy player, however I won this trophy in prep:


Winning isn't everything,
but it's the only thing that matters


Despite my lacklustre and nonexistent football career, I was and still am shit at footy, however I still kick more goals than this tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment