Tuesday 6 January 2015

Lipton's green tea - Mandarin Orange

While living through this half-baked, waking nightmare people call the "tea life", I thought I'd go through my randomly assorted teas and pull out the one sitting at the bottom of the jar. It just so happened to be Lipton's green tea - Mandarin Orange. 
Wow, fancy triangular prism tea bag! Posh tea bag bag (bag that contains the tea bag)! This tea is already promising a whole new tea experience that is far different from the rest I've tried so far, and it had better live up to it otherwise I'll be so disappointed. 



It's just TEAsing me with it's gorgeous smell. No, I won't run out
of tea puns, there's always more BREWING, in fact if I couldn't
think of tea puns, I'd be in very HOT WATER, considering I am
the proud reluctant owner of a tea blog.




Initial observations:
As I just poured the boiling water over the tea bag (you're meant to do that right), a strong acidic orange fume wafted below my nose. Oh gosh, it smells like I'm sitting next to someone who has just opened a mandarin and orange simultaneously, and they fill the air with a wonderful sweet and acidic aroma. I am actually annoyed I need to wait for this one to cool down before trying it.


First thoughts on the first sips:
Woah! Too hot! That one might be my fault. Worth it though!


Many sips later:
Oh this is good, this is really, really good. I mean, I would actually bring this to work and drink this. I mean, I could also bring a mandarin to work and eat that instead. Man, I haven't bought mandarins in ages! I should grow mandarins. Do I live in the right cliamate to grow mandarins? They are amazing, I love the smell. I hate peeling them. Hmm, maybe tea is good because I don't need to peel mandarins. I also really love oranges. I prefer OJ to tea though, OJ is muuuch better. OJ is my favourite liquid. Do they make OJ tea? I really want some OJ right now. I own a car! I have money! Sooo glad I'm an adult.


Recommendation: 
If you really want to drink tea, make it this one. But I also recommend mandarins too, because now I'm just craving mandarins. Also oranges! This tea is really slammin', its like mandarin-lite. It's what iPod Minis are to the iPod (If you're under 18 don't worry about that one). In tea, less is more from what I gather, and this has just the right amount of real flavour.


Final words:
Lol, the tea bag says "it's a perfect union brought together by our PyramidTM bags". They actually name their tea bags! I would have called them tea prisms, or tea temples. Trademark, copyright, patent pending.


Ender notes:
If you have been following this blog, aww shucks mister/ma'am, it's awful kind and mighty swell of you. Some of you have even offered to send some of your teas, be them good or bad. When they arrive, they will be atop my list, and I will review them ASAP, with just as much unwillingness and reluctance as I have the previous teas. Let me put out a proclamation: I am taking requests. Send your worst, send your best, it doesn't matter, I probably won't like them anyway, but I'll still write about it.

TEAce out (geddit, peace ou- Oh forget it)

No comments:

Post a Comment