Friday 2 January 2015

Tetley's Pick me up - forest fruit

So today being 36°C, I figure what better way to make this hellish day even worse than by drinking a hot cup of tea. Today I have been recommended Tetley's Pick me up - forest fruit, so here's my thoughts.





Even though the bag says 'pick up', I'm still dreading the deed
of actually picking up the mug. You know when you have a job
and you dread every hour of it? That's how I've felt about this
whole daring and dangerous tea drinking escapade. Shake it off
Ben, shake it off



Initial observations:
Smells fantastic, although again going by current trends, the teas usually smell nice but taste not so nice, maybe I should just look into incense or scented candles. Maybe that's too adventurous, maybe I'll just start by hanging car air fresheners in my room. The wine-red colour is making me salivate, then I remember that it isn't warm, tasty sangria, and it's just non-alcoholic forest fruit tea. Okay, here we go.


First thoughts on the first sips:
Damn, too weak again; this time I left the tea bag in for ~10 minutes. Damn, I kind of like this. Damn, I think I really like this! *sigh* I'm giving in; damn, I like this.


Many sips later:
I think I'm going to finish this one without modification, I think I've grown accustomed to it's taste:


I've grown accustomed to your taste
And dreams of finding to my surprise
I've grown accustomed to my hate
My plans to exaggerate
To turn away
And drink no cups a day



Recommendation: 
Wow, colour me impressed, I have found a tea worth drinking. I would like to try it as a cold beverage and dive into an iced tea variety. Considering this one doesn't even have caffeine, I'm impressed; there seems to be no downside besides the weakfish weakish taste. I would actually drink this, hell I would buy a bag of it. Shit, where do I buy tea?!? Guys? Anyone?


Final words:
Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment